Teriyaki Tofu + Unlimited Greens
- 2x280 g Block of Tofu (Tofoo brand is best)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thai 7 Spice spice jar
- 2-3 small radish
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber
- 20 g Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sugar for pickled radish
- 20 g Cornflour
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame or olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha (or hot sauce)
- 1 tsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional) (or buy a teriyaki sauce if you are not gluten free)
Garnish & Tofu Preparation
- Trim and thinly slice radishes and cucumber and half lengthways
- Zest and halve the lime.
- Drain the Tofu, pat it dry and chop into 2 cm pieces
- Heat a large flat frying pan over medium heat (no oil), once hot, add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring regularly until brown and lightly toasted (and watch them as they can burn easily).
- Pop half the sesame seeds into a medium bowl and set aside
- Pop half the sesame seeds into a small bowl and set aside (don't wash the frying pan).
- In another small bowl mix together the rice vinegar and sugar and season with salt and pepper .
- Add the sliced radishes, mix together well and set aside.
Prepping the Tofu
- Pop the cornflour and Thai spice blend (half a teaspoon should be enough unless you want it spicier/hotter) into a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix together well.
- Add the tofu cubes and toss to coat evenly
- Heat a drizzle of oil in the pan you used earlier on medium-high heat. Once hot add the tofu and fry until golden brown and crispy all over, turning regularly for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer until a plate lined with kitchen roll and allow the pan to cool slightly but don't wash it, we will use it for the teriyaki glaze.
- Mix teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, pop the sliced cucumber into the medium bowl with the sesame seeds. Squeeze in the lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and bring to the boil, add the tofu and stir until everything is evenly coated and tofu is piping hot (add a splash of water if the sauce has evaporated too much.)
- Serve by dividing up the tofu, sauce, and cucumber salad and pickled radish on the side and scatter over the remaining sesame seeds.
- Calories: 635
- Protein: 41gr
- Carbs: 41gr
- Fats: 35gr