Turkey meatballs & sweet potato and broccoli
- 500g (1 lbs. 1.6 oz.) lean turkey mince (options: lean chicken or pork mince)
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup (65g/2.4 oz.) ground flaxseed (linseed)
- 1-2 tbsp. paprika, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil, or to taste
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Sweet Potato Mash (serves 2)
- 300g (10.6 oz.) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Unsweetened almond milk, as required
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Broccoli (serves 2)
- 2 cups of broccoli
- Combine the beef mince, carrot, onion, egg, garlic, ground flaxseed, tomatoes and spices in a bowl.
- Mix well by using your hands.
- Form the beef mince into 8 rissoles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add some oil to a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the rissoles and cook them for a 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Place the sweet potato in a pot and add water.
- Place over medium to high heat and boil until the sweet potato has softened.
- Drain the sweet potato and place in a bowl with a small amount of almond milk, garlic and spices.
- Mash the sweet potato until desired consistency is achieved. Note: You may need to add more almond milk.
- Steam broccoli in a steamer until bright green and tender.
- Serve the turkey meatballs with half the sweet potato mash and steamed brocoli.