Prawn Curry & Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp curry paste (we used Patak’s Original Balti curry paste- just ensure it is gluten free)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 200g large raw or cooked prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- large bunch coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
TIP: BUYING PRAWNS
- Look out for prawns labelled ‘North Atlantic’, as they’ve undergone a much shorter journey than farmed prawns from the tropics. North Atlantic prawns also have a delicious, sweet flavour.
- Drizzle some oil from the curry paste jar into a wok or large frying pan, gently heat, then add the onion.
- Sizzle over a low heat for 4 mins until the onion softens, then stir in the paste and cook for a few mins longer.
- Stir in the prawns and tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. If using raw prawns, simmer until they have changed colour and are cooked through. Season, if you like, then add the coriander just before serving with boiled rice and naan bread.