Coconut Chicken Burger Pattie & Green Beans
- 500g (1 lbs. 1.6 oz.) lean chicken mince (option: lean turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. chilli powder, optional
- 1 tbsp. mixed dried herbs or fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup (30g/1.1 oz.) + 1/2 cup (60g/2.1 oz.) coconut flour (or preferred gluten free flour)
- 1/2 cup (50g/1.8 oz.) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (120 ml/4 fl. oz.) extra virgin coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- 200g of green runner beans
- 125g cooked brown rice or half a packet of pre cooked rice (keep the other half later in week).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Meanwhile, add 1/4 cup coconut flour, dessicated coconut and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- In separate bowl combine the ground turkey, 1/2 cup flour, egg, onion, garlic and spices.
- Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Add coconut oil to a frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, form 4 larger or 8 smaller patties with the chicken mixture.
- Coat with the coconut mixture. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Place the patties into the frying pan and cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed green beans.