Chickpea & Butternut Squash Curry
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml/0.5 fl. oz.) extra virgin coconut oil
- 300g (10.6 oz.) chickpeas, cooked
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1/4 bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 300g (10.6 oz.) pumpkin/butternut squash, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp. vegan green curry paste, gluten free, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. of gluten free tamarind paste
- 3/4 cup (180 ml/6 fl. oz.) light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (180 ml/6 fl. oz.) water
- 1 tbsp. coconut nectar
- 100g (3.5 oz.) green beans (string/snap beans)
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into generous wedges.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the chickpeas.
- Sauté until the chickpeas are nicely browned on most sides. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Once done, transfer the chickpeas to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan.
- Sauté the onions in the pan until they begin to brown.
- Add 1/2 bunch of coriander and sauté for another few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, and toss to coat.
- Add the curry paste and cook for another few minutes. Stir often.
- Add the tamarind paste, coconut milk, vegetable stock, coconut nectar and chickpeas.
- Let it simmer uncovered until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Add the green beans and let simmer until sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened garnish generously with coriander. Enjoy!