Chicken with a warm Thai Salad
- 500g (1 lbs. 1.6 oz.) chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/8 cup (30 ml/1 fl. oz.) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 cup (30 ml/1 fl. oz.) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
Warm Thai Salad (serves 2)
- 2 baby bok choy (option: pak choy)
- 100g bean sprouts (option: any bean sprout)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml/0.5 fl. oz.) extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp. gluten free fish sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml/2 fl. oz.) of water
- 1/4 tbsp. coconut nectar
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), to garnish
- Make the marinade by mixing the olive oil, lime juice, and chilli fruit in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables for the salad.
- Cook the chicken in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- In another pan, sautée garlic, chilli and ginger.
- When fragrant, add the capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add baby bok choy, fish sauce and coconut nectar.
- Stir and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the bean sprouts.
- Place a serve on a plate together with the chicken and top with some fresh coriander.