Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- 3 medium-sized carrots, peeled and ends removed
- 100 grams oats (use gluten free if preferred)
- 30 grams walnuts or almonds
- 30 grams sunflower seeds
- 30 grams vanilla flavour whey or rice protein powde
- 80 grams pitted Medjool or Deglet Nour dates
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 grams desiccated coconut, plus 20g extra for rolling
- Place the carrots in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture binds togethe.
- Form the mixture into 14 balls.
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut onto a plate. Roll the balls in the coconut, until well covered.
- Freeze for one hour or until firm. Serve.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
101 calories, 5g fat, 10g carbs, 4g protein