Broccoli, Onion, Olive & Manchego Cheese Frittata
- 2 whole eggs, beaten and seasoned
- 4 egg whites, beaten and seasoned
- 2 cups (60g/2.1 oz.) brocolli florets
- 60g (2.1 oz.) manchego cheese- cut in slices
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml/1.5 fl. oz.) extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of green olives
- 1 sprig oregano, stems removed and finely chopped (option: rosemary or thyme)
Dressed Kale Salad
- 1 cupped hand of kale leaves- torn
- 1/2 cup of diced plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp shaved almonds
- Dressing: 1 part olive oil, 2 parts lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a frying pan and place over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the red onion rings and cook for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Chop or crumble the broccoli florets until small , add to the sauce pan and cook until the broccoli begins to soften and goes bright green.
- Season with salt and pepper and then remove from heat.
- Place another frying pan over low to medium heat.
- Add some oil and heat up.
- Whilst pan is heating up, whisk egg and egg whites in a bowl together with the olives. Set aside.
- Add the onions, broccoli and garlic to the second sauté pan and then add the egg mixture. Cut 3/4 of cheese into slices and 1/4 grated.
- Cook the frittata on the stove top for a few minutes, or until it starts to set.
- Whilst the frittata is cooking, mix your kale salad in a bowl.
- Once the frittata begin to set, sprinkle the cheese and ground black pepper on top.
- Place the pan into the oven and let cook until the centre of the frittata is firm.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and place on a chopping board.
- Make your salad dressing. Put all ingredients in an empty jam jar. 1 finger of oil, 2 fingers of lemon juice and your honey, mustard and seasoning. Put on lid and shake! Will make 3-4 servings
- Let cool and then slice up and serve with the dressed kale salad.