Bean Soup & 1/2 Avocado
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2x 400g tins of black beans
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Pour a little of the vegetable stock into a large saucepan and add the onion, celery and pepper.
- Saute over a low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onion translucent.
- Drain the beans and rinse with cold water. Add to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Sprinkel over the spices and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then slowly pour on the stock, stirring all the time.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes over a low heat.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander
- If you want to make this thicker and more like a stew, simply reduce the amount of stock.
- Calories: 237
- Protein: 11gr
- Carbs: 24gr
- Fats: 14gr