Slow Cooker Lentil & Split Pea Dahl
- 1 medium-sized white onion,
- chopped 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300g red lentils, rinsed
- 300g yellow split peas, rinsed
- 2 tsps ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp ground mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock (made with one organic stock cube)
- a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- a spoonful of plain yoghurt (optional)
- Put everything into the slow cooker, except for the fresh coriander and yoghurt.
- Mix thoroughly, then cook on high for 2 hours, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Add more stock or cold water if the dhal becomes too dry.
- Serve garnished with coriander and a spoonful of yoghurt (if using)
- Serving suggestion: Serve as a main dish with leafy vegetables or as a side dish.
- Per serving: 377 calories 1g fat66g carbs 26g protein