Tofu Quinoa Scramble
- 140 g extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half red onion
- 2 tsp tamari or light soy sauce
- 75g cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp frozen petit pois
- 4 small mushrooms
- 2 tbsp, nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice & salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fresh coriander/cilantro
- Cook the quinoa by placing the dried quinoa into a saucepan and covering with double the amount of vegetable broth to water ratio
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down to a gentle simmer, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and tip into a sieve, then rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Pour the garlic oil into a non-stick skillet.
- Squeeze the tofu in between your hands to get rid of excess water then crumble it into the hot oil.
- Sprinkle over the tamari.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes over a very high heat to crisp up the outsides.
- Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast
- Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes more, before adding the cooked quinoa.
- Stir well until quinoa is cooked through then serve.
- Calories: 553
- Protein: 28gr
- Carbs: 65gr
- Fats: 14gr