Slow cooker lentil & split pea dahl
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300 g red lentils, rinse
- 300 g yellow split peas, rinsed
- 2 tsps. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1.25 liters vegetable stock (made with one organic stock cube)
- a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- a spoonful of plain yoghurt (optional
- Put everything into the slow cooker, except for the fresh corianderand yoghurt.
- Mix thoroughly, then cook on high for 2 hours, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Add more stock or cold water if the dhal becomes too dry.
- Serve garnished with coriander and a spoonful of yoghurt (if using).
377 calories, 1g fat, 66g carbs, 26g protein