Roasted Squash, Lentil & Pepper Salad
- 1 tbsp honey
- 75 g walnuts
- 4 tsp dukkah
- 1 kg butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds, and pith removed, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g tin (240g drained weight) green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 large bag watercress
- 140 g Greek yoghurt (use dairy-free if preferred)
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 40 ml fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F. Line 2-3 large oven trays with foil.
- Pour the honey into a frying pan and place over low heat. Add the walnuts and 2 tsp dukkah and stir well for one minute.
- Pour the mixture onto one of the baking trays. Bake for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Place the squash/pumpkin, red bell pepper, and onion onto the other baking trays. Sprinkle the remaining dukkah over the top. Add the olive oil and mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly over the trays. Roast the squash/pumpkin for 30-35 minutes, turning after 15 minutes of cooking time. Roast the onion and pepper for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Mix the yoghurt ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves and lentils in serving bowls. Top with the roasted vegetables, nuts, and dressing. Serve.
- Store any leftover nuts in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Store any remaining salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 429 calories
- 25 g fat
- 41 g carbs
- 10 g protein