Superfood Quinoa Salad with dressed Sweet Potato, Beetroot and Avocado
- 1/2 Cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 small beetroots - cooked (1 for each day)
- 1 tsp sesame or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 20g (0.7 oz.) protein powder (whey, or vegan-friendly), flavour of choice
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Dressing: 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice of 2 lemons or mix to taste - you can always add more lemon. Salt & pepper
- Spice mix for sweet potatoes: cumin, chilli powder or chilli flakes, smoked paprika is nice too and cinnamon.
- handful fresh coriander roughly cut
- Preheat oven to 200oC, peel and cut sweet potato into cubes. Add 2 tsps of coconut oil into a baking tray, add sweet potato cubes with smoked paprika, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper and cook for 20-30 minutes or until soft on inside crispy on outside. Check at about 10 minutes to turn or shake pan to ensure it is covered
- Cover the quinoa in a sauce pan with just enough water to cover and add salt to pan generously.
- Simmer and cook until the quinoa begins to open up into little spirals and then drain.
- Cut the avocado and beetroot
- Mix the cooked quinoa, sweet potato and beetroot plus seeds and coriander.
- Add the dressing which you can make and store: mix 1 part oil, 2 part lemon juice with salt and